[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1793928 ] [rr] louse_roote() should import domains from domain module

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Sep 14 12:24:30 CEST 2007

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > Thus, putting a domain into Record-Route/Route is fine if the multiple
 > choices can handle it. Further, for pre-loaded route sets it is IMO a
 > feature to use a domain.

regarding rr header, the text that i quoted clearly says that the uri in
rr header MUST resolve to THE element inserting it.  it does not say
that any element that is able to handle subsequent requests is ok.

ragarding pre-loaded route header, 8.1.1 of rfc3261 says

In some special circumstances, the presence of a pre-existing route set
can affect the Request-URI of the message. A pre-existing route set is
an ordered set of URIs that identify a chain of servers, to which a UAC
will send outgoing requests that are outside of a dialog.

to me identifying a chain of SERVERS is not the same as identifying a
chain of DOMAINS whose servers the request is supposed pass through.

-- juha