[OpenSER-Devel] Building openser against new xmlrpc-c

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Sep 12 09:30:38 CEST 2007

> >  > Humm... I see... Any way, thanks for the point/reason...
> >
> > i just checked and 0.9.10-4 is the version that is also included in
> > ubuntu fiesty.  people are running their sip proxies in servers
> > that usually don't included the very latest versions of software.
> >
> > is here a problem building libxmlrpc-c3 0.9.10 in gutsy?
> If users want to build it manually I suppose not but it will not
> officially be in the archive.  With all due respect, the newer version
> should end up in Debian unstable soon as well.
>
> Since it appears to be a major ordeal, I will leave openser broken in
> Gutsy.

Hi,

the same problem is faced by users of recent popular RPM based distributions.
Gutsy will be released in october, and the the next debian stable will also
probably use the new version. So if we want that openser 1.3 work with this
distributions the support of the new libxmlrpc is necessary. The alternative
is to disable the mi_xmlrpc functionality in the packages for this
distributions.

We have three weeks left before we want to freeze the codebase and enter the
testing mode for the next release. I would like to minimize the functionality
changes in the test phase to get the most of it.