[OpenSER-Devel] debian packaging - etch vs. unstable

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Oct 18 16:25:32 CEST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i would like to fix the library version for berkeley db in
> the /packaging/debian directory. 4.5 is not available in etch, only
> 4.4. Dan changed in commit 2910 the libsnmp depends to unstable, so we
> have apparently a conflict here.

I was under the impression that the debian tree was for unstable, while
debian-sarge was for debian stable. If it was for etch, my mistake, you
can revert them. However I need to mention that when the debian package
is built and uploaded, it'll be first uploaded into unstable. Nobody can
push new packages into debian stable unless they are security fixes. So
we still need a directory for debian unstable.

> It would make sense to create a new directory "debian-etch" like the
> available sarge dir, then changes for unstable would not conflict with
> stable.

Probably it would make sense to replace debian-sarge with debian-etch
since sarge was replaced by etch as the stable distribution.

--
Dan