[OpenSER-Devel] two questions

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Oct 15 20:52:46 CEST 2007

On Monday 15 October 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Pascu wrote:
> > 1. Is there a reason why radius accounting support is not enabled by
> > default when compiling openser?
>
> because by default are compiled only modules with no dependencies of
> extra libs.
>
> > 2. Why isn't radius accounting enabled in the debian package?
>
> Same reason as above - we need to work out a way to provide both acc
> without RAD and acc with RAD without conflicting the packages....

While I can understand your reason at point 1 in the context of building
and installing openser from source, I do not see the argument in this
second case. The debian packaging system has exactly this purpose: to
provide a way to install software resolving all its dependencies. It
already build-depends on libradiusclient-ng and has libradiusclient-ng as
a runtime dependency as well. While I can understand the wish to have all
the radius functionality separated into the extra openser-radius-modules,
the fact that for a while openser itself will depend on libradiusclient
is superfluous when compared with the lack of certain features from the
official package. This lack of certain features makes any serious use of
openser impossible without having to resort to customized rebuilds of the
debian package.

--
Dan