[OpenSER-Devel] Presence module as library

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Wed Oct 10 18:11:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

Reinhold Buchinger wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> One can find the following lines in the user guide for the presence
> module (devel version):
>
> "The module can also work only with the functionality of a library,
> with no message processing and generation, but used only for the
> exported functions. This mode of operation is enabled if the db_url
> parameter is not set to any value."
>
> Unfortunately, if I don't set the db_url parameter I cannot use the
> exported functions regarding the event_list since no list is created
> if the module is used as library. I also can't use the exported
> function update_db_subs since no db connection exists.

Indeed there was a mistaken use of presence module database connection
in update_db_subs function. I have fixed that. Thanks for reporting.
As for the event list functions, they work in library mode as the event
list is created also when no db_url parameter is set. Of course, if you
expect to have some events in the list, you should load also the
presence_xml module or register some events yourself.

regards,
Anca Vamanu