[OpenSER-Devel] GNU/kFreeBSD support

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Nov 29 13:16:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I've never touched other unix system than Linux before. What could be
> a reason to use a FreeBsd instead of the Linux kernel?

OpenSource is all about choice and diversity, isn't it ? :)

I have no strong opinion for or against non-Linux kernels, but Linux
is my kernel of choice, just like you it seems. So I'm probably not
the best person to answer this question. (not to mention the last
thing I want is starting a Linux vs. BSD troll here)

My primary interest in GNU/kFreeBSD years ago was curiosity, getting
my packages to build there to help bootstrap the port and raise the
number of Debian packages built for this new port. Now that I have
some more time again, I'm slowly going back to a number of projects
including this one ;)

It's an interesting project, it raises a lot of interesting technical
challenges, and as far as portability is concerned it's a very good
thing.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>