[OpenSER-Devel] id column name

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 26 12:52:26 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>  > Prefixing with the table name is not necessary to have that added
>  > value, because the table name already puts it in the right context:
>  >
>  > ... WHERE lcr.grp_id = gw_grp.id ...
>
> with added value, i was not referring added value to the code, but a
> user who is filling up the tables.

I know what you meant and I wasn't referring to the code either, that was
just an example to show my point that a prefix is unnecessary in that
context given that it duplicates the table name.

> but i have a simple solution for your problem: after 1.3 is out we'll
> remote gw_grp table altogether, because as far as i remember, it is not
> used by openser at all.  if someone wants to have a name associated
> with a gw, he/she can always go and add that table as an extra table.

That's fine with me. In this case why not add the name column to the gw
table? If it's a 1 to 1 relationship it doesn't need a different table
linked through an id. That would only be required if you have a 1 to many
relationship.

--
Dan