[Business] Re: [Devel] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Mar 28 11:06:13 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 07:14, wanding wang wrote:
> While I tried to modify the code, I found it is a big challenge for the
> newbie to understand the make and build system.
>
> Just wondering if anybody is considering use CMake to replace the autotool.
> KDE4 is now using this user-friendly and cross-system build system, so I
> assume it will become more popular.

Hello Wanding,

openser don't use the autotools, only plain Makefiles. You're right, autotools
are a little bit hard for beginners..

I don't think that there are plans to replace this with cmake, for now the
current build system works ok in my opionion. But i don't work so much with
the build system of openser.