[Devel] Accounting issues

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 14 10:07:13 CET 2007

Hi Alex,

Alex Hermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while updating to the 1.2 version i found some issues, some of which may bugs:
>
> 1) I'm trying to insert a unix timestamp in the accounting by using the $Ts
> pseudo-variable. This always gives me some weird number where the last 4
> digits are the source-ip ($si) of the message. (Buffer overflow somewhere?,
> no error messages in the syslog).
> I want it to store the timestamp of the (last) received message. How can i do
> that? Or alternatively: is there a way to store the timestamp of the message
> which takes into account the timezone and (especially) daylight-saving? The
> current default behaviour of storing the local time in the the 'time' column
> is as good as useless for accounting purposes (maybe it can be adapted to
> store UTC time or a unixtimestamp instead).

try to move $Ts into an avp and account that avp. Note that acc logs a
timestamp which is for when the transaction completed.

if you could post the relevant acc configuration part, I can take a look
on the issue.
> 2) For unanswered or cancelled messages, the INVITE is not accounted, only
> CANCEL (if 'report_cancels' is enabled)

as the INVITE fails, you need to set the flag for logging failed
transaction too (default is turned off)
> 3) Documentation on the website suggests that 'report_ack' is enabled by
> default, it is not.

ok, I will update it, thanks.

regards,
bogdan