[OpenSER-Devel] RE: [Devel] XCAP Client on OpenSER

Toni Barata toni-r-barata at ptinovacao.pt
Mon Jun 25 16:47:41 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Openser works pretty well as Presence Server, but on this development stage (version 1.2.x) the communication with XCAP Server is done via mysql (xcap_xml table). The integration with XCAP-Lite works this way and works Ok.

However, SER has a library with XCAP-Client interface and we have started an integration of that library on the presence module of Openser. With this standard approach becomes possible the integration of the Openser Presence Server with, not only the XCAP-Lite, but also with others XCAP Servers, e.g., OpenXDM (https://openxdm.dev.java.net/).

To have this integration accomplish get into the following steps:

Libxcap Instalation:

tar xvzf ser-2.0.0+cvs20070315_src.tar.gz
cd ser-2.0.0+cvs20070315/lib/cds/
make install
cd ../xcap/
make install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ( execute before starting openser)

Run the attached patch:

cd openser-1.2.x (openser's root)
cp ../xcap_interface.diff . (Copy the patch to openser's root)
patch -p1 <xcap_interface.diff (aply o patch )

Compile Openser, or if it is already compilied, just compile and install the presence module:

make modules=modules/presence modules
cp modules/presence/presence.so /usr/local/lib/openser/modules/

Add the XCAP configuration parameters on the Openser configuration file (openser.cfg):

"...
modparam("presence", "xcap_server", "http://x.x.x.x")
modparam("presence", "xcap_root", "xcap-root")
modparam("presence", "xcap_app_usage", "org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules")
modparam("presence", "xcap_document_name", "presrules")
modparam("presence", "xcap_auth_username", "openser")
modparam("presence", "xcap_auth_password", "openserrw")
..."

The integration was done with the following versions:

openser-1.2.x-svn-20070517-221101.tgz (http://www.openser.org/downloads/snapshots/openser-1.2.x/)
ser-2.0.0+cvs20070315_src.tar.gz (http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/ser/daily-snapshots/testing/)

With this modification, when the Presence Servers need to consult a client's pres-rules it can do a XCAP Get instead of a MySql Query.
This approach is closer to the OMA Presence SIMPLE + OMA XDM standards.

Does someone wants to join us in this effort?

Best Regards,
Toni