[Devel] one more (possible) improovments of mysql module

Victor Gamov vit at lipetsk.ru
Wed Jun 13 19:20:41 CEST 2007

Hi Henning

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007, Victor Gamov wrote:
>> Looking into mysql module I found two very similar (at first glance)
>> functions db_mysql_store_result() and db_mysql_fetch_result().
>> I change db_mysql_store_result() with db_mysql_fetch_result() (with
>> slightly changed interface) and everything work fine.
>>
>> Is it really needed both of this functions ?
>
> Hello Victor,
>
> store_result is a helper function for query and raw_query, fetch_result
> fetches only the specified number of rows. This function is only needed from
> the usrloc module.

I see, Thanks

> So i don't think that we could get rid of this function at the moment.
>
> But how do you changed the interface of the store_result function?

No. I remove store_result and use only fetch_result.
But it was mistake about interface changes, sorry.
I change all store_result calls (two times only in dbase.c) to
fetch_result with third parameter nrows=0.

As I found in fetch_result  code it counts number of rows returned by DB
and fetch only nrows. If nrows=0
it will return all rows fetched from DB

at line 368-369 (mysql/dbase.c):

if(nrows>0 && nrows<n)