[OpenSER-Devel] database documentation

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 18 13:09:24 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> with commit rev 2399 the generation of documentation in pdf, html or txt
> from the db schema is possible. The targets in the makefile are
> "dbschema-docbook-txt, -html and -pdf. "make dbschema-docbook" generates
> all three formats in the doc/database directory.
>
> At the moment there for every group of tables a own document is generated,
> perhaps we should generate only one document for all tables. The document
> structure as whole could probably extended too.

Hello,

i reworked the documentation generation a little bit. Now only one document
for all tables is generated. I attached as example the html version of the db
documentation.

Some columns lacks comments, otherwise i think the current state is quite
sufficient for our needs. If you have any suggestions regarding the
documentation generation for the database schemas, please comment now as
would like to finish this docbook and xsl stuff..

Daniel, could please you generate the database documentation and upload the
html and pdf file into a folder on the openser webserver? Or even better,
setup some kind of cron job for this, like the doxygen or the module
documentation stuff.

Thank you,