[OpenSER-Devel] Usage of presence and pua modules

Reinhold Buchinger reinhold.buchinger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:43:35 CEST 2007

Hello!

For my final thesis, I'm currently working on an RLS module for OpenSER
and I have some questions regarding the presence and pua modules.

*) An RLS sends NOTIFY requests which contain presence information
learned by back-end subscriptions. As far as I've understood it, the
presence module sends notifies whenever it has received a PUBLISH
request. In case of an RLS there is no publish but a notify is triggered
by notifications received from the back-end subscriptions. Can I somehow
trigger a NOTIFY request or does this mean that I cannot use the
presence module for handling the subscriptions sent to the RLS?

*)  I would like to use the pua module to realize the back-end
subscriptions. I've figured out how to send a SUBSCRIBE request but can
you help me how I can handle incoming NOTIFIES within this dialog?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,
Reinhold