[Devel] more stuff before the freeze

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Jan 31 21:27:07 CET 2007

i vague remember that we discussed including escape/unescape functions
for the next release.  this is one rfc3261 compliance feature that
openser is still lacking.

for me personally, it would be enough if i would be able to
escape/unescape user part of ruri, but a more general solution might be
implementing escape/unescape functions that would take any
pseudovariable argument.  then unescaping ruri user part could be done
like this:

$var(tmp) = unescape($rU);
avp_pushto("ru/username", "$var(tmp)");

bad thing in the above is that i don't know if there was anything to
unescape, so the latter call may be unnecessary.

does anyone have better suggestions?

if nothing can be done for now, i can implement as a temporary solution
my own functions that only escape/unescape ruri userpart.

-- juha