[Devel] Patch: Multithreading support for mysql module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Feb 19 19:12:12 CET 2007

Henning,

Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 16:26 schrieben Sie:
>
>> But, please upload the patch on the tracker and after the release I will
>> take a look on - just one question: to be honest I'm not so happy to mix
>> multi-threads and multi-processing in OpenSER, so it was a special
>> reason for going for threads?
>> [..]
>>

> Just one short remark:
>
> I really appreciate your input (after the release of 1.2.0..) regarding the
> patch, our approach to the problem etc.. If you have any suggestions, please
> don't hesitate to contact me.
> We would really like to find a solution that is appropriate for openser and
> our (internal) requirements as well.

yes, to be honest I'm very keen to drop the threads stuff as it is not
compliant to the current architecture. As you said, after the release,
we can synchronize and do some overview of the patch.
> Of course we are willing to maintain the code, if some of our modules get
> merged with openser.

the project has very open policy regarding the contributions - the
criteria for new code to be accepted is to not be something specific to
a provider and to be of large interest to the community. Otherwise, we
encourage any contribution .

Regards,
Bogdan