[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server Makefile.defs items.c items_extra.c sr_module.c strcommon.c strcommon.h transformations.c transformations.h ut.h

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Feb 13 10:41:12 CET 2007

On 02/13/07 05:24, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  >   - added user escape/unescape trasnformation (credits to Juha
>  >   - Heinanen); closes 1652269
>
> thanks for the escape/unescape transformations.  there is a small
> performance issue related to them when applied to, for example, request
> uri user.
>
> in order to find out if anything was unescaped, one needs to assign the
> unescaped user into a pv and then compare if the result is the same as
> original.  if it was the same, then there is no need to change r-uri
> user nor to escape it back when request is sent out.

yes, it is. I am wondering if there is a need to add automatically
unescape of user after receive and escape just before relaying.  This
might need some changes and therefore to be included in next release.

By now solutions are:

$var(x)=$(rU{s.unescape.user});
if($rU != $var(x)) $rU=$var(x);

or (bit slower)

if($rU != $(rU{s.unescape.user})) $rU=$(rU{s.unescape.user});