[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2594] trunk/scripts/openserdbctl.mysql

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Aug 27 15:13:13 CEST 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Henning Westerholt writes:
>  > the SQL script to create tables for the extra modules is not
>  > extensions-create.sql, this file includes only SQL statements if some
>  > custom extenstions are supported in db/schema/extra.xml. I would like
>  > to restore the behaviour prior your commit.
>
> ok, i thought that extra and extensions is the same thing.  could they
> be, i.e., do we really need need both extra and extensions?

Some modules was given the "extra" attribute, as there are really special and
most people don't need them. The extra.xml file is for user specific custom
extensions. I don't need this at the moment, but i think it make sense for
some people.

>  > But it would make sense to add the extensions-create.sql to the install
>  > process as part of the normal table installation. Should i make this
>  > change?
>
> yes please if you cannot combine extra and extensions.
>
> there may be another thing related to this.  at least debian rules
> don't include
>
> $(MAKE) dbschema
>
> which creates sql/etc. scripts.  so any extension scripts are not included
> in the package.

Ok, i'll do this two changes later. This introduces (again) a dependency to
xsltproc in the debian package build process.