[Devel] more im/presence thoughts

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 6 13:17:52 CEST 2006

On 10/06/06 11:30, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> which is easier to do:
>
> 1) add presence/im server code to openser and xmpp gateway to xmpp world
>
> 2 gw ALL sip im/presence message to jabber2d and thus use it also as sip
>   im/presence server
>
> the advantage of (2) is that it would make openser environment also a
> full blown xmpp server environment, i.e., we would have two eggs (sip
> and xmpp) in our basket rather than just one (sip).  further, supporting
> both sip and xmpp im/presence clients for the same AoR would seem to be
> easier.

In my opinion is harder to implement a good SIP UA in jabber rather than
a XMPP component in openser. Also, for us it is easier to develop code
in openser, and presence will be still demanding a lot, now is onl the
beginning. Although the presence messages are to be quite large and
maybe to force usage of TCP, SIP seems more flexible in scalability.

Daniel