[Devel] acc diff

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Oct 3 16:34:12 CEST 2006

Dan Pascu writes:

 > It doesn't work even now, but I have a simpler way around it currently. I
 > let it define User-Name as it does and if I need something else I define
 > an extra attribute and set an avp for it. Then I let freeradius pick this
 > extra attribute if defined else pick the standard User-Name as freeradius
 > has such a fallback mechanism to the first defined variable in a
 > list.

so your proxy wastes cpu cycles and calculates the default UserName also
when you don't need it.  this is not acceptable to me.

 > I already suggested something that would work and require no module
 > parameter: define a pseudo variable, say $un that does the current logic
 > internally when accessed (try credentials if not fail to from else be
 > undefined). This way people can still easily get the old behavior and
 > also easily extend it without having to write extra code if not
 > necessary.

this would be ok with me.  any volunteers to write the code?  what about
To header URI?  i guess we can leave that out, because there already is
a pseudo variable for it.

-- juha