[Devel] acc diff

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Oct 3 13:44:01 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 13:50, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> it makes sense, so I think we can reduce even more the minimal set of
> acc values.
>
> Does anybody see any drawback?

I would like to know how can we get the backward compatibility solved
here. No matter what is said about minimal sets and standards, User-Name
is mandatory to be able to make use of the accounting and match it to the
user that should be billed. All the fields in the minimal set that was
proposed do not permit to identify the caller that should be billed.

Currently it is taken from the credentials username or if that is not
present from the From field's username. So what is the value (pseudo
variable) we can attach to an extra User-Name attribute we send to radius
accounting to get the old behavior without resorting to contorted tests
and avp manipulations in the script?

--
Dan