[Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1531781 ] Locally generated single-hop ACKs with bad Route header

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 31 16:23:46 CEST 2006

Bugs item #1531781, was opened at 2006-07-31 14:23
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1531781&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.0.x

Initial Comment:
Problem Description:-

We have a problem with ACK messages generated and
routed for scenarios where an initiated call session
fails to establish between A and B parties e.g.
Unsuccessful No Answer, Unsuccessful Busy. The ACK
messages are single hop locally generated responses to
the sip error message e.g. '487 Request
Terminated', '486 Busy'.

We are currently testing with 3 proxies running
OpenSER v1.0.1 between A and B parties.

The initial INVITE message is routed from A-Party
through Proxy-1, through Proxy-2 before finally
reaching B-Party. The Route header first appears in
the INVITE message sent by Proxy-1 and is removed at
Proxy-2.

There is an errored response message to this INVITE
(e.g. '486 Busy' or '487 Request Terminated'). The
errored response is acknowledged with a one-hop
locally generated ACK at each point between B and A.

I expected the ACK at Proxy-2 to take the same one-hop
route as the original INVITE at Proxy-2, i.e. the ACK
sent by Proxy-2 will contain routing data based on
routing data from the INVITE previously sent by Proxy-
2.

What actually occurs is that the Route header in the
ACK sent by Proxy-2 is a duplicate of the Route header
of the INVITE that Proxy-2 has RECEIVED from Proxy-1
and NOT that of the INVITE message it had previously
sent.

Further info:-

We are unable to remove this unwanted Route header
from the ACK. This problem appears similar to a known
issue described in the document: SIP Express Router
v0.8.8 - Developer's Guide under section: 9.6.4 Known
Issues.

	"local ACK/CANCELs copy'n'pastes Route and
ignores deleted Routes"