[Devel] Memory-Debugging

Wolfgang Hottgenroth woho at hottis.de
Mon Jul 31 15:47:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

what you should know: Both the memory-debugging feature in openser and
the Wiki-page about it are excellent!

It helped my to track down and fix a memory leak in my module (the C++
one, you remember ;-)) within one compile cycle after switching on
DBG_QM_MALLOC.

Someone who has to interpret a memory debug dump should consider

  cat mem-debug.log | grep "alloc'd from" | sort | uniq -c | less

after removing all the syslog generated stuff (timestamp and so). In my
case the bug was obviously immediately.

(If you down mind (and if I have the grants), I would add this to the wiki.)

Cheers,
Wolfgang