[Devel] OpenSER 1.1 on NetBSD 3.0 + SEMS

Piyush Devnani piyush_dev at mail.com
Wed Jul 26 13:21:37 CEST 2006

Hi Bogdan,

I took me a while to explore the options releated to
IPC over unix socket on NetBSD 3.0

> the error is not related to the memory used by the openser
> processes. It's about the buffer which is associated to the unix
> socket. The error reports a full buffer which can happen because:
>     1) nobody is reading from that socket
The IPC write from SER fails at call rate > 20, but it works with 20
calls per second or less, that means there is some process reading data
on the other end.
The flags will calling IPC receive were ::
 MSG_TRUNC and MSG_DONTWAIT
I tried different combinations of the above flags but no avail.

>     2) the buffer is a little bit small and it cannot handle large
I am not that much familiar with NetBSD 3.0
a) I used the command "ulimit -b unlimited" to increade the socket
buffer space.
b) Another thing which I tried was to increase increase the IPC socket
buffer size using "setsockopt()"

The above changes did little to the issue, as now it supports 25 cps.

I am sure I have missed something. But atleast the problem is
identified to be with IPC between SER <------> SEMS.

regards,
piyush