[Devel] Path support

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jan 26 18:16:53 CET 2006

Hi Andreas,

I was reviewing your PATH patch in order to uploaded on the CVS.

I have only one question retarding the priority between the received and
path during lookup(). There is a comment there that oath should have
priority.
Now, received and path may be simultaneous set only if the first proxy
from registrar is behind NAT:
       UAC -> P1 ->(NAT)-> R
not sure if this make sense, but only in this case both received and
path are set. And in this case I would say received must have priority
in order to ensure the NAT traversal.

also you may think like this - received is a low level information
(where the register was received from as IP); path is something on a
high level (is about routing via a set of hops). So, to make possible
hop routing you first need to be sure the IP routing is done.

regards,
bogdan