[Devel] web interface development

Arek Bekiersz arek at perceval.net
Wed Jan 25 16:38:56 CET 2006

Hi,

I see some movement on Docuwiki, but I send here to start some discussion.

Don't you want to base the Web interface on SOAP/XML/DSML/XSLT ?
This is how we do currently in our produtcion system. We have 3-layer
architecture, but based on set of modern XML technologies:

* presentation layer (XML and DSML to (CSS)HTML transformations)
* middleware (logic layer):  (set of secure SOAP engines)
* lower layer: dbases and SIP components + Asterisks

In addition we build all this on Ldap directory base. Thus, we can model
in directory every possible object, service or network node. With added
benefits of Ldap, that are:

* security (via ACL rights and user classes: subscriber / operator /
administrator class)
* redundancy (Ldap replication)
* territorial expansion (Ldap partitioning)
* speed (don't see difference between optimized Ldap and MySQL)
* easy programming (access to Ldap thru DSML and standard XML tools and
XML transformations)

Proof of concept is that we use this in production for two years, in
multidomain setup. It maybe then interesting to check this concept?

Arek Bekiersz