[Devel] Re: uac_auth - set credentials with avpops

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Jan 20 14:22:41 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan,

thanks for your reply! option 2) sounds quite good - you would do
something like fr_inv_timer_avp, right?

Maybe we could add something like:

modparam("uac", "credential_avp", 1)
modparam("uac", "credential_user", "my_avp_user")
modparam("uac", "credential_pass", "my_avp_pass")
modparam("uac", "credential_realm", "my_avp_realm")

If "credential_avp" is 1, uac_auth() would use avpops instead of
lookup_realm and that's it - cooool :-) Thought about some other
mixed variant - but I believe that this one is the fastest one
and also flexible enough to fit most needs (at least by copying
avps around I could accomplish all jobs I can immagine right now).

Could you give me a hint / little instructions / maybe a little
code example on how to realize this patch? I tried to look at how
fr_inv_timer_avp is realized in "tm" - it's a little bit heavvy as a
first "C programming lesson" :) At least tm/t_funcs.c absolutely
confuses me.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf