[Devel] BOUNTY: uac_auth - set credentials with avpops

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Wed Jan 25 14:40:05 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan,
Hi @ll,

as we really need this functionality and I absolutely don't find enough
time to teach myself "C-Programming" right now, I have been allowed to
offer a bounty (150$) for a patch resolving this request:

BOUNTY
======

Allow UAC module to get credentials for uac_auth() from AVP

Description
===========

At the moment uac_auth() retrieves one user/pass pair for each realm,
statically configured with modparam("uac", "credential", "..."). What
I need is to get credentials by using AVP as I need different "outgoing"
credentials for each of my users.

This should be done by simply adding the possibility to do configuration
as follows (or similar - at least it should behave like
"fr_inv_timer_avp"):

# modparam("uac", "credential_avp", 1)
# modparam("uac", "credential_user", "my_avp_user")
# modparam("uac", "credential_pass", "my_avp_pass")
# modparam("uac", "credential_realm", "my_avp_realm")

This "extension" should (if possible) not be a "one-time-patch" but
fit OpenSER's "philosophy" as I would really like it to find it's way
into official OpenSER's devel version. So please let me know if there
are concerns if this could be possible!

Conditions
==========

* patch should be 100% compatible with any kind of "old" config and
   settings like

   # modparam("uac","credential","user:realm:pass")
   # modparam("uac","from_restore_mode","auto")
   # ...

   should still work as expected if no AVP config was done for uac.

* patch must work with uac module from current stable OpenSER 1.0 and
   current CVS devel version

* patch must be finished within 10 days (from now :)

Reward
======

150,00 US Dollars plus a 50 Dollar bonus if finished within this week.
As this will probably be a very small patch I find this to be a fair
price - please correct me if I'm wrong!

Kind regards,
Thomas Gelf