[Devel] Re: priorities in osp reply?

Dmitry Isakbayev dmitry at transnexus.com
Tue Jan 3 21:07:46 CET 2006

Hi Juha,

Please find my comments inline.

>i read openser osp module documentation and it was not clear to me if a
> reply from osp server contains a priority of each destination peer.

OSP response lists destinations in the order they should be tried.  However,
each destination does not have an explicit priority.

> if so, when preparefirstosproute() or preparenextosproute() is called,
> will they append as branches the peer (or peers) that has (or have) the
> best priority of the ones not tried yet similar to how lcr module works?

Yes, prepare first | next functions will try OSP destinations in the order
they were returned.

> how about prepareallosproute(), i.e., if osp reply returns priorities,
> will prepareallosproute() append peers as branches with corresponding q
> values?

It does not set q values.  The destinations do not have explicit priorities,
but I guess the function could generate q values to indicate that the 1st
destination is more important than the 2nd one and so on.

Regards,
Dmitry