[Devel] Nathelper enhancement

Tavis P tavis.lists at galaxytelecom.net
Tue Feb 28 23:33:17 CET 2006

I've encountered this same problem, however the only solution ( that i
could come up with at least ) was to force the use of mediaproxy.

If the client is using STUN i do not believe there is a way to determine
what their internal IP address is

Here is an example of what i'm doing from one of my scripts:
----
# If the IP address of the Callee matches that of the Caller than force
mediaproxy
# This is a workaround for the problem with hair-pinning NAT when using STUN
# If either side is behind NAT than we can just skip the checks
if ( !(isflagset(2) or isflagset(3)) )
{
# Store the destination IP into an AVP
avp_printf("i:450", "$dd");

if ( avp_check("i:450", "eq/$src_ip/g") )
{
log(1, "Forcing Mediaproxy Use Due to Possible Lack of NAT Hairpinning
Support");

# Mark Session to Use Mediaproxy
setflag(3);
}