[Devel] Testing?

Fri Dec 22 10:26:57 CET 2006

Bastian Friedrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any defined framework or idea how to automate tests for OpenSER code?
> Up to this point I have done manual testing: Create the necessary lines in
> the config file, dial a number on my snom and watch the softphone for
> incoming calls.
>
> I am aware of the existence of SIPP; I have not yet evaluated it fully, as it
> seems to be extremely powerful and complex. Do you have any scenarios ready
> that you use in QA?

It depends an what you want to test. If you want to test system
stability you can shot your proxy with protos or asteroid.

For testing of correct call routing (e.g. REFER, ...) I test manually.

Call performance I test with sipp (start with the included UAC/UAS
scenarios and modify it to your needs)

For security testing I use sipsak to send hand-crafted SIP messages, or
a second openser which sits in between the SIP client and the tested
proxy to modify packages on the fly.

you can also find other tools at
http://www.pernau.at/kd/voip/bookmarks-sip-test.html

regards