[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/tm mi.c

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Dec 15 16:54:53 CET 2006

On 12/15/06 17:24, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> [...]
>
> to me the most valuable thing that xml-rpc mi interface gives is that i
> can get rid of fifo relay, which is currently needed if management
> application runs on a different host than openser.  if t_uac_dlg cannot
> be used over xml-rpc, then this whole mi exercise would loose much of
> its value.

Basically, this issue rises here because of xml-rpc design --
investigations of the xmlrpc library will reveal if it can be solved.
Remote usage of t_uac_dlg via MI will be much easier when the datagram
transport will be available (unix and inet datagram socket). The big
benefit is that a lot of duplicate code was removed, and any MI command
is available to all transports.

Of course, as we see, some of them might be with limited functionality
in some transports :-) -- so far t_uac_dlg is the only one from the old
list to be a bit troublesome with XMLRPC, from new features, pua_mi
would need it (it does 202 accepted for PUBLISH at this moment).