[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/tm mi.c

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 15 16:24:27 CET 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 > yes, but we can cope with that if we have processes for each request -
 > see my previous email.
 > not really - there is no really "waiting" - the transaction is put in a
 > timer list until either it times out, either get a reply - so, the time
 > after a transaction is completed is determinist and there is no risk.

that sounds good.  regarding provisional replies, currently i don't have
any xml-rpc based application that would need them.  if someone needs
them, each provisional reply could be given as a separate parameter in
xml-rpc response.  perhaps there could be a parameter in xml-rpc request
that tells if provisional responses should be returned.

to me the most valuable thing that xml-rpc mi interface gives is that i
can get rid of fifo relay, which is currently needed if management
application runs on a different host than openser.  if t_uac_dlg cannot
be used over xml-rpc, then this whole mi exercise would loose much of
its value.

-- juha