[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/tm mi.c

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.de
Fri Dec 15 15:52:55 CET 2006

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Stefan Sayer writes:
>
>  > but then the xmlrpc call would have to wait until final response (or
>  > timeout) of the request, which would not be desirable.
>
> you are correct.  getting final reply to invite could last tens of
> seconds.  but what would the problem be, because openser process needs
> to wait for the transaction to end anyway?
- you could not react on non-final responses in you application that
uses t_uac_dgl over XMLRPC
- your application, or at least the calling thread, is blocked until FR
- xmlrpc call state would have to be saved together with transaction
state (with list of replies etc) in shared mem, because another process
could handle the response to the transaction and when FR is received
XMLRPC reply needs to be sent

mapping asynchronous reply on syncronous request/reply seems to me not a
good idea generally, I think it unnecessary complicates things.

Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
Media Services Development