[Devel] re: custom usrloc flags for registrar module

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Dec 12 13:57:46 CET 2006

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 >     A) use a new set of set/get/reset_flag() functions - in this case,
 > the script writer will have to take care and map some msg flags to ul
 > flags if he want to save them; the advantage is that the 2 sets of flags
 > are independent and you do not need a msg flag for setting an UL flag

this is fine.

 > now, going back to the nat_flag :
 >     1) if we let it as it is now, there will be problem as there is no
 > mixture between the ul and msg flags.
 >     2) if you want to have it as dynamic flag (ul flag),  the nat_flag
 > parameter will have to tell to reg/ul what UL flag should be used as nat
 > flag - this is needed internally when fetching only natted records for
 > pinging.

 > note that the UL flags will be visible only in the route type after
 > location() and before save()

there is currently nat_flag and sip_natping_flag. sip_natping_flag is
used internally by usrloc and was not topic of this discussion.

my understanding was that if nat_flag has been selected from branch flag
range, then it will be automatically mapped to corresponding branch
specific message flag when lookup() is called so that it is possible to
check in branch route if contact of that branch is behind nat or not.
if that is true, then the same should be possible also for the new
flags (e.g. the proposed mediaproxy flag).

-- juha