[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/packaging/debian changelog compat control copyright openser.init openser.postinst rules sip-server/packaging/debian/patches 00list 01_sourced_scripts.dpatch 10_no_lib64_on_64_bits.dpatch 11_always_smp.dpatch

Mon Aug 7 13:20:53 CEST 2006

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> This again breaks "make deb" on sarge (compat 5, mysqlclient libraries
>> and libradius naming). Is this intended?
>
> Sort of. Though I overlooked the radiusclient issue, as I forgot that I
> was using a backport here. Note that radiusclient-ng is available from
> the pkg-voip repository at buildserver.net.
>
> The radiusclient issue apart, all that's needed to build on sarge is
> echo 4 > debian/compat && sed -i -e s/mysqlclient15/mysqlclient14/
> debian/control, so this isn't such a big deal.

Hi Julien!

I'm not a debian expert, thus maybe my questions are stupid.

What is the problem with setting compat to 4 and allowing both,
mysqlclient15 or mysqlclient14 ?

Regarding radius: When I build radiusclient-ng (using the original
debian build files) the resulting packages are named: libradius-ng
Thus, I wonder why the dependency is named libradiusclient-ng?

If there is a reason for naming it libradiusclient-ng, it should be
reported to Maxim to update the source code of radiusclient-ng.

> Given the radiusclient problem, I'm probably going to add a debian-sarge
> packaging directory, baring any objections. Thoughts ?

Adding a packaging directory for sarge will solve the mysql and compat
issue, but not radiusclient naming

regards
Klaus