[Devel] IDE for openser developing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 6 15:52:52 CEST 2006

On 04/06/06 16:41, Cesc wrote:
> asking for a graphical editor ...
> i use kate, in KDE. It allows you to open several files, colors the
> code, has direct access to terminal commands (you can grep and find
> ... very useful to locate structures ;D ).
> It is not much different than using gtk_vi/emacs ... well, probably
> much simpler, less commands, but it has quite a lot of "programmer"
> features.

i'm using gtk-vim (gvim), it has plenty of features for C programming
and you can fallback to vim on text consoles in remote programming. If
you create tags (make TAGS in openser dir -- requires ctags exuberant),
then you can jump to structure/function/variable declaration via CTRL+]
and come back with CTRL+t. Googling will reveal a lot if useful tips.