[Devel] lcr question - branch AVPs

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Sep 9 13:03:40 CEST 2005

Hi Juha,

I think it's ok to call load/next_gw from branch route, if you really
need it (depends of scenario). Since these functions just affects the
AVPS and RURI it will be safe.

Klaus - if you have only on branch going to GW you do not need per
branch AVPs - mark this branch with a branch flag and do next_gw() in
failure route only if the flag is set.

If you want to have more than on GW branch, you may use a limited LCR
functionality from branch route: once you loaded first AVP into RURI,
remove all the others to be sure you do not mix them with AVP added by
other GW branch......so you will have LCR but no GW failover. ......
just an idea.....

regards,
bogdan