[Devel] cacheless usrloc patch

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Sat Sep 3 18:47:34 CEST 2005

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> I haven't had the time to look deeply at it. Is it a new module or just
> a patch for existing module?

It's a new one (usrloc_db) which replaces the existing usrloc module.

> Definitely, the support for cacheless usrloc will be included, but the
> usrloc needs a bit more refurbishing to integrate better with the newest
> changes in openser. This will happen most probably after the next release.

Well, my approach was rather simple. I included the header files from
the original usrloc module for easier maintenance of future changes in
data structures and just reimplemented the exported api. But maybe an
additional abstraction layer for the usrloc api would be useful because
quite a lot of code from the usrloc module has been copy/pasted into the
new module.

Andy