[Devel] Processing REGISTER requests

Wed Oct 5 10:28:06 CEST 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to summarize things. So, how can we match re-REGISTER to a
previous REGISTER.

1. Call-ID:
  +: RFC conform
  -: Some phones use same call-id. Thus, if a user has 2 phones from the
same brand, they will interfere.

2. Contact: IP address
  -: problems when 2 clients on the same IP address, NAT...

3. Contact: IP address+port
  -: problems when 1 client with two lines on the same port, NAT...

4. Contact: SIP URI
  -: problems when 2 clients behind different NATs with same private SIP
URI.

5. src_IP:src_port
  -: problems when 1 client with two lines on the same port, NAT...

6. "public URI" username at src_IP:src_port
  -: some broken NATs tend change the src_port for every request leading
to multiple entries

Thus, 1 and 6 are useful methods. But I see no way to combine them.
Either we use 6 or 1. Dan, do you see a way to combine them?

regards
klaus