[Devel] postgres tables example

Thu Jun 30 14:28:13 CEST 2005

What about changing the existing mysqldb.sh to also support postgres?

I've already started, but having some problems with different syntax
between mysql and postgres, e.g.

datetime      --?-->  TIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME ZONE
timestamp(14) --?-->  TIMESTAMP

also the default value must be changed as postgresql accepts only
correct formats:

time datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00'
--?--> '2000-01-01 00:00:01'

indexes should be no problem when defined after creating the table -
this works also with mysql

Thus, we only need a new name for the file :-)

I think updating serctl to support also postgres should be easy. The
only problem is that psql does not support the password as a command
line parameter. But >=7.3 supports storing the password in a ~/.pgpass
file. In think we can require having this file for postgres users.

Comments?

regards,
klaus