[Devel] Usrloc / truncated SQL query

Günther Starnberger gst at sysfrog.org
Wed Jun 22 17:35:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

I just tried to upgrade from SER 0.8.14 to OpenSER. After fixing some
problems in the config i got it to startup, but there seems to be a
problem with the USRLOC and/or the Postgres module.

When SER receives a register request it logs the following information
to the syslog:

PG[356] submit_query query 'insert into location
(username,contact,expires,q,callid,cseq,flags,user_agent,received,socket,domain ) values ('u5','sip:u5 at xx.xx.xx.xx:1265','2005-06-22 15:29:01 +0200',-1.00     ,'5a3da99f-c54f0047 at zz.zz.zz.zz',6119,0,'Sipura/SPA841-3.1.2(d)',NULL,'yy.yy.yy.yy_5060', result 'ERROR:  unterminated quoted string at or near "'yy.yy.yy.yy_5060" at character 254 '

It seems that the SQL query is truncated. I skimmed over the source of
the postgresql module and it seems that the only possible cause for such
a problem is if the value of 'domain' somehow gets inserted as \0.

So before I continue debugging: Is the PostgreSQL module supposed to be
in a usable state (there are no binary packages for it and generally i
only find few references to ser and postgresql)? Is this problem already
known?

tia
/gst