[Devel] CVS commitlog: sip-server/modules/diversion README sip-server/modules/diversion/doc diversion_user.sgml

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 29 10:14:48 CEST 2005

Hi Klaus,

what you have described here is redirect/forward on client (via 3xx
replies) - this scenario can be handled via uac_redirect module.

diversion is used for redirect/forward on server :
    1) Marks calls Bob via proxy
    2) Bob's UA rejects the call with busy
    3) proxy catch the negative reply and decides to do forward on busy:
          3.1) do diversion - the RURI (BOB) will be moved into
diversion header;
          3.2) do fwd -  set as new RURI address of ALICE.

also diversion may be used for permanent redirect:
    1) Marks calls Bob via proxy
    2) proxy does permanent redirect (without fwding to Bob):
          2.1) do diversion - the RURI (BOB) will be moved into
diversion header;
          2.2) do fwd -  set as new RURI address of ALICE.

actually what the diversion modules is something trivial: just take the
RURI and place it in Diversion hdr with a "reason" param :).

regards,
bogdan