[Devel] 'switch' statements

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jul 12 15:38:53 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 16:12, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> I fully agree that finally the break should be used only
> in 'switch' statements and replaced by 'return' otherwise. For me is
> easier to do it so now, but, as I said, it may create a lot of confusion
> for people wanted to migrate or test with their old config the
> development branch.

If things are well documented, it all resumes for users doing a:

sed 's/break;/return;/g' ser.cfg > ser-new.cfg

IMO, it's better and easier to make a clean cut now, and document it well for
everybody to be aware of it, than to do it halfway, and then later face the
same problem, only this time when you have to switch from the half-done
version to the final version. Either way at some point you have to break
something.

--
Dan