[Devel] 'switch' statements

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Jul 12 15:12:43 CEST 2005

On 07/12/05 15:46, Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>
> > on the other hand, I worry about backward compatibility - the change
> > will have quite an impact - and SER compatibility (SER scripts will not
> > work on OpenSER).
>
>if i remember correctly, backwards compatibility is broken already.
>xlog now uses $ in front of variables, whereas ser uses %.

indeed, but this is slightly different since the xlog functions will
just print %id text instead of the value, and they are not affecting the
routing logic. I fully agree that finally the break should be used only
in 'switch' statements and replaced by 'return' otherwise. For me is
easier to do it so now, but, as I said, it may create a lot of confusion
for people wanted to migrate or test with their old config the
development branch. If many users agree to move old 'break' to 'return'
and use 'break' only in 'switch' statements, that's fine for me, I can
do it.

Daniel