[Devel] TM callbacks

Elias Baixas elias.baixas at voztele.com
Mon Dec 19 15:38:55 CET 2005

Hi all, I have a question regarding transaction module callbacks:
when I register a callback with register_tmcb( struct sip_msg* p_msg,
struct cell *t, int types, transaction_cb f, void *param ), the
transaction_cb function will be a pointer to a function in the address
space in the process which is registering the callback, so whenever an
event triggering the callback happens, the function which will be called
will always be in the same process address space, so the callback must
be very-reentrant, because that process may already be processing a
request/response.
Am I right ? what issues should I take very care of while executing the
callback ?

I'm doing my final project in telecommunications engineering. I'm coding
a SER module to generate transactions in behalf of external events that
will be reported to my module.

Thanks for your help !

Elias