[Devel] Impact of lack of db_replace in postgres module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Wed Aug 31 13:06:27 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 08/31/05 13:10, Franz Wu wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to use postgresql as db backend for CVS HEAD. When OpenSER
> boots, it reports
>
> find_mod_export: <db_replace> in module postgres not found
>
> However, this seems not a FATAL error. The daemon goes on running.
>
> After comparing between postgres / mysql / db, I found that db_replace
> function is not implemented yet.
> What modules or core are using db_replace? If any, I will consider
> write one.

There is no module on OpenSER which uses db_replace. I think only mysql
module implements it but none use it so far.

Anyhow, I think it is good to have, you are welcome to implement it.
Maybe a deeper analyze would reveal that some modules can be optimized
using replace instead of check record => update or insert.

Daniel