[Kamailio-Users] Odd Behaviour with Kamailio + TLS

Wed Mar 31 11:34:45 CEST 2010

Am 31.03.2010 08:56, schrieb Hemanshu Patel:

> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure it is strange behavior or its the desirable one.
>
> i have got two phones registered via TLS to kamailio-1.5.X version.
>
> phone1: connected via ip1:port1 and having contact value ip1:port2
> phone2: connected via ip2:port3 and having contact value ip2:port4
>
> when i have just this two phones i can see 2 TCP connected to my kamailio
> from both phones from ip1:port1 and ip2:port3.
>
> now when i call from phone1 to phone2, rather then using the already
> established and TLS authenticated connection kamailio creates two new
> connection from kamailio to ip1:port2 and ip2:port4.
> mean kamailio creates new connection to the contact value stored in
> location table of openser DB.
>
> Is this the desirable behavior? shouldn't kamailio use the alreay
> established connection?

This is the standard Kamailio behavior. Thus, you should apply NAT
traversal techniques to instruct Kamailio to reuse the established
connection.

In short: for each register call fix_nated_register(). For every other
request and response call fix_nated_contact().

Thus, if you use the default configuration and apply NAT traversal it
should work.

regards
klaus