[Kamailio-Users] fr_inv_timer not honored (fr_inv_timer/2 is used in fact)

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Mar 25 15:42:44 CET 2010

I aki Baz Castillo writes:

 > But how is possible that the effective fr_inv_timer per branch is
 > exactly divided by the number of gateways loaded after load_gatways()
 > ?
 > How could the TM module do something like this?

load_gws() just assigns a set gws to an avp and next_gw() creates a
new branch with next gw from the set.  lcr module is thus totally
unaware of any tm stuff.

 > NOTE: I'havent tryied with 3 or more gateways. Perhaps TM module is
 > dividing the fr_inv_timer by 2 due to some other reason...

in my case, when i set

modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", INVITE_TIMEOUT)

then that dictates the max time used for the call setup.  if during that
time i would (which i don't) try one gw for 60 secs then there is
another 60 secs left for the next.

-- juha