[Kamailio-Users] Shared memory

Bruno Machado bsmufu at yahoo.com.br
Tue Mar 23 16:02:52 CET 2010

Hi Henning

Thanks for your answer. This memory error happened in a interval of almost 10 days.
Considering the high traffic that the server handles, we can say that it is a
lot of time. Following your hint, I set the shared memory to work with 512 megabytes.
If we consider that the usage of memory is a linear function of the number of calls,
the server will work ininterruptly for more than 70 days.

I have been looking for a way to monitor how much of shared memory was already used.
But I didn't find anything, except the troubleshooting section on the Devel Docs.
I'm not using Kamailio v3 yet, but I saw that it has a memory manager. I think that
these features (Doug Lea and LL) are going to be used mainly for developers.
The third one, 'print memory status summary in debug mode', is more oriented to
users like me. It is what I think.

Despite anything, it is already time to migrate to version 3.

tks
bruno machado