[Kamailio-Users] Monitoring Upstream Carrier Health

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 16:11:55 CET 2010

Hello,

On 3/19/10 7:28 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> You can log negative replies from a failure route, or put them in a
> database, or issue an HTTP request.
>
> On 03/19/2010 01:53 PM, Geoffrey Mina wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am wondering if anyone has a clever way to remotely monitor a Kamailio
>> 1.5 server.  I am not looking for the standard monitoring, what I am
>> looking to achieve is catching situations where my upstream carrier is
>> having problems.  We have a certain level of 404, 500, 503 errors
>> throughout the day which are not indicative of a major carrier problem.
>> I want to be able to monitor the ratio of properly setup calls to failed
>> setups - so I can know when a carrier is having issues and is responding
>> with many 503 errors.
>>
>> Any push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

if you have a fixed number of carriers and use snmp, then you can define
some statistics.

I use htable with 3.0 and dump them via mi/rpc command. I do not need to
have persistence, otherwise I would use database.

Usually at the beginning of production I catch every reply in
onreply_route and have classes of replies per carrier in hashtable, kind of

if(status=~"4[0-9][0-9]")
{
    $sht(ht=>$si::4xx) = $sht(ht=>$si::4xx) + 1;
}

Dumping the content via rpc from time to time for analysis, which is
good for checking after restarts.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/